Home | VIper
Part two in my modern(-ish), vi-like terminal games is VIper – a snake clone with Emojis (yeah, I hate myself too).
The code is currently available on GitHub.
See it in action
(Note: I've reduced the bonus-spawn-time dramatically for this demo)
- Runs in your Unicode-Terminal
- Multiple character sets (Unicode Emoji, VT220-Charset (WIP)), extensible
- Different food items
- Bonus items: slower, faster, longer, shorter, wall-wraparound-mode (extensible)
- Full keyboard control with
hjkl and similar keybindings
- h / j / k / l (or cursor keys)
- move left / down / up / right
- p, r, q
- Pause, Restart, Quit
- Redraw Screen
Some notes are in the README, but mostly the code is documented in comments and commit messages. More to come.